When you choose a new pair of glasses, it's very important to find a style that fits your taste. Another
important parameter is the frame's color that can make a huge difference to your image. You should take into
consideration your skin tone, hair color, and eye color to choose glasses that either contrast or complement
your look, depending on the final result. Of course, some people can select the frame color to match their
clothes or even their car, but in general, you need to know which colors suit your eyes, skin, and hair.
Eyewear color seems like real magic - with various tones of sunglasses or eyeglasses, you can make quite
different looks. Neutral colors, including brown, tortoiseshell, and black suit almost all outfits
perfectly, while bright frames are great for situations when you need to express your charm and
individuality. Try to avoid choosing a color of glasses that everyone wears – remember, this accessory can
make you look unique and more interesting, so take your time and select the right color that will help to
emphasize your most beautiful features, complement your outfit, and show your personality.
Here are the best color matches for your eyes:
- Gray eyes. This is a neutral color, so any bright and even bold tone will fit
gray eyes to complete your look perfectly.
- Blue eyes. Feel free to select natural tones, including brown and
tortoiseshell to create an understated look. If you want to create a bright image, try on orange
frames to emphasize the beauty of your eyes.
- Brown eyes. If you have got brown eyes, select any color, from bold to more
classic and neutral. For an eye-catching look, try bright green or cool blue tones that contrast
against brown perfectly.
- Hazel eyes. This color usually switches from green to brown, so try to select
brown or green spectacles to get an interesting look. Frames of amber tones are also a good
- Green eyes. For green-eyed people who want to make a striking look, red,
gold, and purple tones will fit the best. If you want to create an understated image, try on
brown or gray tones that always look excellent with green eyes.
If you choose the frame colors based on your hair color, rules are similar with eyes. Depending on the
effect, you can create more subdued images or make a striking statement to be the center of attention.
Here are several rules you should follow when selecting eyeglasses or sunglasses to match your hair
- Gray/White hair. Both these colors are from the neutral pallet that gives you
a great chance to experiment with a wide array of colors. You can choose neutral tones of frames
to make a stylish image, and add some boldness with bright tones.
- Black hair. Tortoiseshell and black spectacles look stunning with black hair,
but if you want something juicy and bright, feel free to select bold colors to create a sharp
- Brown hair. People with brown hair are recommended to select warm and earthy
tones, including dark green, tortoiseshell, and amber.
- Blonde hair. If you have dark blonde hair, select glasses of the warm
palette, like beige, brown, or tortoiseshell. People with platinum blonde hair look perfect with
pastel tones for an understated look and vivid colors for a great contrast.
- Red hair. If you've got red hair, match it with frames of bold colors to make
an extraordinary look. If you want to create a more subdued image, try on darker frame colors,
including brown, amber, and black.
Depending on your skin tone (cool or warm), you can choose particular colors of glasses to complement
your image. Use the tips below to define your skin tone and see which frames suit you better.
- Neutral skin tone. It includes a mix of golden and pink undertones of skin
that look excellent with almost all colors! Choose elegant black, create an understated image
with beige, or select any vivid colors to make a bright image.
- Warm skin tone. Noted for a golden undertone, warm skin tones make a perfect
combination with warm-colored frames, including red, brown, tortoiseshell, orange, yellow, and
- Cool skin tone. Accented with a pink undertone, the cool skin type looks
excellent with cool-toned spectacles with silver, blue, green, and gray undertones.